Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Organising Chaos.

As my title suggests... I had a few days off to clear my desk... well ok I pulled the whole office apart and rearranged it because my desk was blocked from daylight by the cupboard (and I did the washing, ironing, floors, cook and do swimming lessons with Mr B lol).  Today my chaos... got a helping hand... my Dear Husband installed the first of my rails so I can take my pens and tools off of my desk!


The last basket will have my narrow Cuttlebug folders in and hopefully I will have a second and third rail put up for my punches.  I find with having my punches in boxes until now I do not tend to use them so much as out of sight out of mind seems to be an issue lol.  Anyway... thank you Dear Husband :-)  The left hand side has ballpoint pens and gel pens - I use these in my Silhouette.  The second basket has my permanent markers - a rainbow of colours.  Third are my tools, mini pens, scissors and knives.  That is my new rail... I am very happy with it.


Often on my crafting browsing I come across discussions about storage and organisation in the craft room so I figured I would share some of the things that work for me.
Unmounted and cling stamps... DVD and CD cases ... I learned not to use the coloured CD cases as these caused my stamps to melt and liquify.  Labels / pictures on the outside... stamps on the inside, label the spine.

Ribbons... easy peasy Ribbon boxes... plastic or cardboard boxes; Crop-A-Dile (or hole punch and eyelet tool) and Eyelets.  That's it!  Punch, Eyelet... thread ribbons, lids on... done!  The best thing I have found from these boxes is no tangles!

Spellbinders and other thin cutting dies... they live on the inside of my cupboard door!  I took 4 cheap magnetic whiteboards... loaded the whiteboard side with double sided tape... then more double sided tape after they fell off *chuckle*... stuck them to the door and loaded them up with all my cutting dies!  This if find is so much easier than digging through folders and boxes every time I need a die.

Quilling paper.  I originally had these in jars... they tangle, rip and tear.  So as with the Spellbinders... to the inside of the cupboard door we went.  Adhesive plastic hooks and bulldog clips.  So easy and yet it makes things so very much easier!


 Dew Drop inks... oh these have over the years been stacked, put in drawers, in baskets.... they just FALL OVER... who designed them? lol Fall over no more... Paper crafting to the rescue.  Card stock, score board and score tool, double sided tape and basket.

 
 



Wooden stamps... in drawers... keeps them dust free and easily accessible.

Buttons, small stationary bits (like paper clips), paper flowers and other useful things end up in jars at the top of my shelves... I find this useful (as I can see what I need), pretty and functional.


Ok that's it from me... Happy Crafting *hugs* Sarah

10 comments:

  1. Thanks Sarah. Im going to use your idea of the baskets on the towel rail in my bathroom for hair ties, brushes and combs. Keep sharing please..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Unohoopa! Have a great day *hugs* Sarah

      Delete
  2. wow fab ideas for storage, thanks for visiting my blog, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Liz... happy crafting *hugs* Sarah

      Delete
  3. Wow what fab ideas & a great crafting space, love the ribbon idea they always get so muddled up, thanks for sharing, have a great day xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in again Debbie... I was amazed when I boxed and organised my ribbons how many I actually had lol... have a good one *hugs* Sarah

      Delete
  4. Oh my god you are so organised! My craft space often looks like a bombs hit it, but that's just while I'm crafting. When I've finished, I do have a tidy up.
    I don't have a desk, I have a coffee table that I sit on the floor to use. It's like I'm in a little fort as I have all my boxes and draws and containers around me :-)
    When I get an actual craft room, I will hire you and your hubby to come and do mine ;-)

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL Lisa you should see my desk now... well can't quite see it :-p I used to be in the corner of the lounge so I know what you mean though ;-) This is just my way of keeping my crafting stash under control lol *hugs* Happy Crafting! Sarah

      Delete
  5. Can you explain or point to a website that shows how you fold for the dew drops?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you explain or point to a website that shows how you fold for the dew drops?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Happy Crafting :-)